Ok, people keep asking for it, here it is:
1. I don’t “care” when people I don’t know die, but I get misty-eyed at things like walk-ons score on senior day, a web-designer dresses for an NHL game, or Indira Kaljo’s performance Sunday.
2. I’m excited for Valentine’s Day this year. Not because of love, but because I can’t wait to use the phrase “A parliment of Owls” in my recap at Rice next Saturday. It will be grammatically correct usage of a collective noun.
3. People roll their eyes and call me crazy when I rant and rave about college RPIs. But I must know what I’m talking about, because the only time someone’s ever listened to me and helped me schedule, the team finished #9 in the country in RPI (I take no credit for their wins and losses; only their SOS rating).
4. I need to go grocery shopping. Badly. As in, I haven’t been to a grocery store for a cart full of food since I got back from evacuating for Gustav. Seriously. I’ve had plenty of baskets, but no cart.
5. I have a hyper-active imagination. You knew this.
6. I refuse to buy presents for people who aren’t relatives unless I’m trying to make out with that person. Or am extremely guilted into it by someone getting me presents for a few years in a row.
7. I have a friend with the same last initial, same occupation and same birthday of April 4.
8. I don’t sing in the shower. My car is another story.
9. I love the sound that spring style door stopper makes when you step on it.
10. I like my coffee like I like my women: Hot, Strong, and Slightly Bitter.
11. My amp goes to 11.
12. I need closure. I can’t handle having unresolved things that I have to wait for.
13. As most of you know, I used to watch Felicity, and I don’t feel like less of a man for it.
14. I have to sit facing the door. I still expect Dave Sliker and a water gun to come bursting through that door any second now.
15. I think that the Proust Questionnaire would be a much better facebook trend, and will switch to it now:
16. My favorite word is “pimp-slap”
17. My least favorite word is either “no,” “pimple” or “blog”
18. What turns me on creatively is caffeine; Emotionally is someone being wrong; Spiritually is praising the Lord through song.
19. What turns me off creatively is mornings; Emotionally is clinginess; Spiritually is when people who call themselves by the same name I do (Christian) do things that reflect poorly on Christ and Christians
20. I love the sound that spring style door stopper makes when you step on it.
21. I hate the sound of my neighbors arguing when I’m trying to sleep.
22. My favorite curse word begins with an F.
23. Other than my own profession, I’d like to be a guy in an action movie who says “Hey! You’re not supposed to be here!” then gets beaten/killed by the movie’s hero (like Jack Bauer). Or I just want to be Jack Bauer.
24. A profession I wouldn’t want to try is anything involving a cubicle.
25. If Heaven exists, when I arrive at the Pearly Gates, I would like to hear God “Come in, my good and faithful servant.”